Saturday, December 15, 2007

Site Update [Update]

Hello readers,

As you can see I am improving the site from the standard template blog to a more customizable one. Here is a list of everything I have added so far:

  • RSS support for most readers
  • Bookmarking support (digg, stumbleupon, del.icio.us, and more)
  • Current top 5 Amazon bestselling games
  • Polls to be done regularly
  • A dedicated search for the entire blog
  • Changed the archive to monthly
  • Added Contact Email link
  • Other misc. features
That is everything that I have added so far, and while all this stuff may be great, it is intended for all of you reading the site. Without you all this stuff is useless. So any ideas out there to improve the site are welcome and if anything I have added made the site worse just let me know and I will do my best to fix it. I also wanted to say if there are any particular questions out there for the polls that you want me to ask, send me and email so I can put them up. I was also thinking about the poll time period and I think I might make it a weekly thing if all of you participate. Sorry about the weekend posts there are very few things that happen over the weekend, but send me some feedback on some things you would like me to write about (I would like to include you guys in some things, maybe the current games your playing or asking your opinion on specific issues), and I will do my best. I am also working on a site logo to put up, but haven't found something I liked as of yet. Remember send me an E-mail or leave a comment. I want to make this OUR site not just mine.

-Patrick

[Update - 7/1/09]

I have moved some things around and changed the blog over to a 3 column layout which will hopefully help with readability. I have also added:
  • Current Video Game Breaking News
  • Latest Video Game Deals
  • Latest Metacritic Game Scores
  • Games I'm playing
  • Recent Comments from you
  • Suggest A Post feature makes it even easier to add feedback
  • Donate button
If there are anymore ideas for the site just let me know in the comments.

No comments: