Monday, December 31, 2007

LIVE Having Problems

Xbox LIVE is experiencing problems to those of you who are lucky enough not to experience them. And the problems are rather big, such as not being able to sign in, problems with matchmaking, and account recovery. While everyone is not affected by this, it is still a widespread problem. Here are the words from Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson:

"You may have noticed that the LIVE service has been having a few issues over the past few days. This includes things like signing in, matchmaking and account recovery. Not everyone has had problems, but I know some of you have and I wanted to give you and update. While the service was never completely offline, problems like this are not acceptable. The entire LIVE team has been working day and night to ensure that you can have a great LIVE experience. While we’re not done yet, I wanted to let you know that things are getting better each hour and that no one on the team is going anywhere until the job is done. Thanks for your patience."
This couldn't occur at a worst time with all the holidays and the millions of people at home wanting to play their games. I first began having trouble the day after Christmas and it has gotten worst since then. I agree that this is totally unacceptable and I hope that somehow they will compensate me and all the others affected by this widespread problem. But what can you expect? Think about all the people trying to log onto LIVE. Millions and millions of them. Just think about what happens to a website when too many people try to access it, it crashes. I expect no different from Xbox LIVE. The thing that upsets me the most is that I can't play any of my .avi files when not connected to Xbox LIVE and I it recongnizes all of my arcade games that I payed for as trials so I can't even play them fully if I'm not connected to Xbox LIVE first.

No comments: